Adult education meets from 10:00 – 11:30 AM on each Sunday morning the Jewish Cultural School is in session, usually twice each month, from September through May. We engage in lifelong learning as we listen to our fellow members and guest speakers on a variety of topics centered around themes of Judaism, Humanism, and other social, humanitarian, or personal issues. There is always plenty of time for questions and discussion. We encourage all participants to stay for bagels and coffee, then join the whole congregation for Community Sunday activities from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Machar Adult Ed Spring 2017 Calendar
Machar’s Adult Education Program Objectives
1. Help Machar members to increase their access to the best of Jewish and Secular Humanist perspectives and practices;
2. Complement Machar’s educational programs for children and teens, Shabbat and holiday programs, community service, social action, and other activities;
3. Tap into the vast array of skills and talents of the members of our congregation;
4. Reflect the diversity of interests and backgrounds of the members of Machar;
5. Incorporate principles and practices of effective adult education;
6. Contribute to strengthening the sense of community within Machar;
7. Introduce Machar to a wider audience.
Supporting Others Through Difficult Times – LindaTebelman presentation November 8, 2015